Thursday, July 5, 2012

What Do You Think?

Hi Everyone!  Hope you had a great fourth.  We spent the day on nearby Whidbey Island, hunting for shells and jumping on rocks (well not me, but you know what I mean :)).  In the evening, we had a very patriotic celebration on Lake Washington (which was my goal and of course is the point :)).  It was a lot of fun.  I continue to be in awe of how beautiful and diverse it is here...I feel so lucky!  


Anyway, on to today's post:


So...I have pretty much finished our living room, but not our dining room (more on that project later) but there is one lingering question for our living room.  I have a chandelier similar to the one below, currently hanging in our dining room: 

chandelier in living room?


You may have noticed that picture isn't of a dining room.  :)  I have noticed that a lot of beautiful rooms have this type of lighting in a living room setting vs. a dining room setting.  It's tempting me to add it to my living room, and use a drum shade that is currently sitting in our garage in the yet-to-be-decorated dining room.   You'll definitely see here that most of them are in rooms with raised ceilings, although not all of them.  We have raised ceilings but certainly not soaring ones similar to some of these truly grand spaces.  Let's take a look together:

grays & blues

Living room

hanging light?

love the combination of fabrics

Sothebys

arched bookshelf alcoves

Living room

Stunning.

Great living room

Den

Light & pretty living room

Chelsea Square, London Townhouse. Interior designer Alison Henry

light, windows

.

What do you think of this look?

6 comments:

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

Barbara, you always provide the best inspiration images! I love an oversized chandelier in a space and think something like that Spanish candelier style would look great in a living room. How tall are your ceilings? Can't wait to see what you decide...

-Lane

The enchanted home said...

I love the look as long as the ceiling are fairly tall, I think in a room with short ceilings, it can dwarf the room but don't think you need to have 20 foot ceilings to carry it off. It has a nice feel and certainly finishes the room beautifully, always liked that look and of course it casts off a beautiful light in the room at night, which I love, great mood lighting. Glad to hear you enjoyed your July 4th holiday.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I agree with Tina. As long as the ceilings are fairly tall it would look great. Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th. I have not been to Seattle in years.

michele said...

it seems to me the beauty of a light fixture like this is how it will create magic at night when it is glowing, right? as long as it has a dimmer, i think it would be fabulous.

:)

carolyn bradford said...

Not to sound redundant…but I do agree about having some height in the room before you can hang a large light fixture. With your good taste and since of style I am really not to worried about you making a wrong decision! I feel very confident that it will be stunning! I loved all of these pictures! So glad you had a great 4th!

cindy said...

Absolutely love it! I vote for hanging yours in your living room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...