Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Today I am posting about what I love about Summer, inspired by Brittany at Gallery No. Eight.  She has organized a blog crawl for the entire month of July - what a great idea! 



If you are new to my blog...welcome!  

I am an American who has been living with my family in
Munich, Germany for the last four years, so Summer for us means
soaking up all that Europe has to offer.  Here are a few of my favorite things:

source

 Enjoying good times with friends and family in
Munich's beautiful, world-famous beer gardens

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Finding treasures at the amazing flea markets all over Europe

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Discovering amazing architecture as we travel (I'm partial to doorways!)


Barbara Jordan Dettweiler

 Soaking up the fresh air, nature and scenic beauty of the Alps


Spending lazy, warm summer evenings in the garden!

Of course I *do* get homesick sometimes, and the two things I miss most about Summer in the US (besides my wonderful family and friends) are:


Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
Watching the sun set over the Pacific on the rugged Oregon coast, and...

via Enchanted Home Blog
eating s'mores!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and reading what I love about Summer. 
I wish you all a wonderful Summer full of special memories!!

Coming up next is another Barbara - of Hodge:Podge blog.
Be sure to check out her post tomorrow about Summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I love all your photography..you capture the essence of Europe so well..
and good to hear you're having a wonderful time enjoying all that Europe has to offer...
would love to be going to all those flea markets too...what fun..
maureen

under spanish moss said...

Europe has such wonderful things to love. Would be great to spend half of the time in Europe and half in the US. The flea markets look fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...