Sunday, February 13, 2011

Designer Envy: Elaine Griffith

I recently came across the work of East Coast Designer Elaine Griffith.  Wow.  It's a bit restrained but then adds some surprise in every space that makes it, well, fresh and unique!  Here are a few examples:

So many details in this shot grabbed my attention - it's my favorite example of her work.  The bamboo chair, the globe, the dark walls and the rug...amazing.


Pink isn't usually my color but I love how the feminine velvet
plays off of the edgy artwork above. 

A cozy family room with the same beautiful rug and an interesting chest.

That tile...sigh.

The mirror and the unusal lamps really caught my eye in this one.

What a cool library!  I love the benches on both sides of the table - like members of the family (or visitors) could just sit right down and start reading, researching, reveling!

That wall treatment is hard to pull off, but she does it beautifully. 
I love all of her accent pieces too - really nicely done tablescapes and how about that pretty set of tables in front of the sofa?  I love it.

So what do you think?  Beautiful...or not?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...